Holes for Heroes Ice Fishing Event
OFFICIAL TOURNAMENT RULES
- The tournament is scheduled for February 1, 2014 from 1:00 p.m. until 4:00 p.m. on MedicineLake. Headquarters will be located on the lake in front of Harty’s Boats and Bait – 1920 E. Medicine Lake Blvd., Plymouth, MN 55441.
- Entry fee for the tournament is $5.00 for tickets pre-purchased up until 12:00noon the day before tournament, $10.00 on-site registration. Checks payable to Fishing For Life.
- On-site registration begins 11:00 a.m. ALL participants (including those pre-registered online) must check in at the registration tent and receive their entry tag.
- Each participant will receive one entry at check-in for the bucket drawing, from which random prizes will be drawn for throughout the day. Additional entries to the bucket drawing can be earned by weighing each fish you catch at the weigh station (each fish equals one additional entry to the bucket drawing). Fish must be released at weigh-in once you receive your drawing entry, or if the participant wishes to keep the fish, it will be marked so it cannot receive additional bucket drawing entries.
- Pre-drilled holes will be available in the main tournament area. Those who wish to fish outside the main tournament “ring” must drill their own. Shelters are allowed.
- Bait is not provided or sold on the lake. Bait is available for purchase at Harty’s Bait Shop at the landing/ entry point to the tournament area.
- No tickets will be sold after 3:00 p.m. day of the tournament.
- No refunds will be issued.
- In the event of unsafe ice conditions or inclement weather on February 1, 2014 visit
www.fishingforlife.org for cancellation info, which will be posted by 6 am. If the tournament is cancelled, all prizes will be awarded via random drawing of pre-registered participants.
- Prizes will be given awarded in the following categories:
Weight Competition: The categories and prizes are listed below. Prize winners are determined by weight and time registered. In the event of a tie, the first fish registered takes priority. If a prize is not awarded because a fish was not caught in the category slot, the prize will be given away via random drawing at the close of the contest. Must be present to win. One prize awarded per person in the weight division (an individual may not win more than one category). The prizes for the weight competition and other categories are listed below. First place winners also receive a trophy in each category.
OVERALL DIVISION (All participants (both adult & youth) are eligible to win):
- i. Largest Crappie, First Place: Clam Denali House ($559 value)
- ii. Largest Crappie, Second Place: $40 Dick’s Gift Card
- iii. Largest Sunfish, First Place: AquaVu Micro Color ($449 value)
- iv. Largest Sunfish, Second Place: $40 Dick’s Gift Card
- v. Largest Northern, First Place: StrikeMaster Auger ($300 value)
- vi. Largest Northern, Second Place: $40 Dick’s Gift Card
- vii. Largest Walleye, First Place: StrikeMaster Sno Suit ($280 value)
- viii. Largest Walleye, Second Place: $40 Dick’s Gift Card
- ix. Largest Perch, First Place: Clam Switchback House ($349 value)
- x. Largest Perch, Second Place: $40 Dick’s Gift Card
- xi. Largest Bass, First Place: Frabill Ice Suit, size Large ($379 value)
- xii. Largest Bass, Second Place: $40 Dick’s Gift Card
YOUTH ONLY DIVISION (16 and younger). In the event that a youth catches a fish large enough to win in the overall division, they will receive the overall division prize listed above, and the youth prize listed below will be awarded to the next largest fish caught by a youth. Only one prize will be awarded per person in the weight competition.
- xiii. Largest Crappie, Youth - First Place: Rapid River WaterPark Overnight Stay ($200 value)
- xiv. Largest Crappie, Youth - Second Place: Ice Hunter Combo ($40 value)
- xv. Largest Sunfish, Youth - First Place: Frabill Fish o Flauge Shelter ($239 value)
- xvi. Largest Sunfish, Youth - Second Place: Ice Hunter Combo ($40 value)
- xvii. Largest Northern, Youth - First Place: Kindle donated by PhoenixUniversity ($179 value)
- xviii. Largest Northern, Youth - Second Place: Ice Hunter Combo ($40 value)
- xix. Largest Walleye, Youth - First Place: HT Insta-Shack ($179 value)
- xx. Largest Walleye, Youth - Second Place: Ice Hunter Combo ($40 value)
- xxi. Largest Perch, Youth - First Place: Clam Chair/Backpack ($79 value)
- xxii. Largest Perch, Youth - Second Place: Frabill Tackle Bag ($40 value)
- xxiii. Largest Bass, Youth - First Place: Polar Fire 2 up Shelter ($179 value)
- xxiv. Largest Bass, Youth - Second Place: $25 Cabela’s and $15 Dick’s ($40 value)
xxv. Smallest Fish caught (youth or adult) - a Personal Bait Station ($40 value).
xxvi. First fish registered (youth or adult) Minnesota Wild tickets ($50 value).
Plus -- Random drawings throughout the day
- No participant can receive a prize in more than one weight-based category. However, the participants who win the prizes in the Smallest Fish and First Fish categories are still eligible to win in the weight-based categories.
- All fish must be caught on MedicineLake during tournament hours. Participants may fish anywhere on the lake by use of hook and line or spearing as allowed by law. Any fish caught is eligible for entry.
- All fish must be caught and the contestant en route to the weigh-in station by 4:00 p.m. on the day of the contest.
- No pre-fishing allowed.
- All regulation fish entered must be brought to the weigh-in station. Judges shall have the right to verify that fish were legally caught. The decision of the judges is final. In the event deception is detected, his/her prize will be forfeited. Contestants are responsible for verification of the weight of fish at time of weigh in.
- Weight competition prizes will be awarded at approximately 4:15 PM
- There will be a leader board located at tournament headquarters. All efforts will be made to keep the board up to date and accurate. Tournament results remain unofficial until verified by the head judge
- Contest prizes are the responsibility of the winners…i.e. Licensing, registration, transportation, taxes, and all incidental or consequential expenses incurred are the responsibility of the winners. Must be present to win.
- Failure to comply with any contest rules subjects participants to disqualification and removal from competition site, as determined by contest officials. Right to refuse to sell and/or revoke a competition ticket to anyone is hereby reserved.
- All laws of the State of Minnesota shall apply.
- There is no age requirement for tournament participation.
- Contestants are responsible for their own safety, actions, and property at all times.
- All participants and others hereby consent to the use of any names, photographs or likenesses of themselves to be used in the promotion of our contest or the efforts of Fishing For Life, including but not limited to print, radio, television, or any other media.
- Event Sponsors, FFL Employees, and Holes for Heroes Ice Fishing Tournament Staff are ineligible to fish the tournament.
If you have questions, please contact Tom Goodrich at (612) 987-5466.